Aimsun Next by Aimsun
The Aimsun traffic modelling software environment is a mature tool that fully integrates a microscopic and mesoscopic hybrid simulator plus travel demand modelling and macroscopic functionalities - in a single software application.
Aimsun is capable of running simulation models of entire cities much faster than real time and has interfaces to most demand modeling, signal optimisation and adaptive control tools along with the Legion pedestrian simulator.
The Aimsun programming toolkit includes Python scripting, an API and SDKs in C++, allowing task automation, plug-in development and custom behavioural model integration.
Aimsun applicationsAimsun allows you to carry out traffic operations assessments of any scale and complexity. The applications are endless but some of the most common are:
- Assessment and optimisation of Transit Signal Priority (TSP) and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) schemes
- Feasibility studies for High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) and High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes
- Impact analysis of infrastructure design such as highway corridor improvement/construction
- Environmental impact analysis
- Evaluation of travel demand management (TDM) strategies
- Signal control plan optimisation (Aimsun-TRANSYT link) and adaptive control evaluation
- Evaluation of Variable Speed policies and other Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) analysis
- Workzone managment
Benefits of Aimsun
- Consolidate your traffic modelling in one multi-purpose, multi-layer simulation suite and see the benefits:
- Choose the right tool for the right project rather than creating projects to fit the tools.
- Build extensible simulation models on a larger and larger scale using a single all-in-one package.
- Eliminate cumbersome and error prone manual interfacing between different macroscopic, mesoscopic and microscopic software packages.
- Eradicate redundant work of maintaining separate networks in different packages.
- Reduce administrative and maintenance costs and expertise turnover.