First publishedin World Highways
GRAA winners with their awards
The International Road Federation has announced the winners of the 2017 IRF Global Road Achievement Awards at the closing of the IRF Middle East & North Africa Regional Congress & Exhibition.
This year, the IRF honours 11 projects from around the world, each leading the
way in innovation across major road and highway disciplines. The selection was made by an international panel of senior road development specialists.
"Much of the transport sector's accomplishments are unnoticed by the hundreds of millions of people who benefit so greatly from the availability of safe, smart and interconnected road networks," said IRF chairman Abdullah Al-Mogbel. "This is precisely why the IRF's Global Road Achievement Awards provide a rare opportunity to celebrate our industry's successes, and highlight how our work supports broader societal goals."
"For the past 17 years, our awards programme has constituted an industry reference for innovators across the globe," said IRF president & CEO C Patrick Sankey. "Year after year, our sector demonstrates that it is a source of cutting-edge solutions that makes a difference in our communities. By embodying our ideal of better roads for a better world, these 11 projects join an elite circle of international laureates."
The winning projects this year range from a pioneering road tunnel connecting Europe and Asia, to a high water/air permeability pavement treating technology, and to Dubai's new waterway system delivered in record time.
Dubai's water canal project scooped the 2017 GRAA in the Urban Planning & Mobility category
Winners of the 2017 GRAA competition:
Asset Preservation & Maintenance Management
• Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications
• Eurasia Tunnel
• CCCC Second Highway Consultant Co. Ltd (CHSCC)
• Tibert Nyingchi-Lhasa Highway
• The World Bank Financed Project Office of Hubei Provincial Transportation Department
• Hubei Yiba Highway Project
• Louis Berger
• Sava River Bridge
Project Finance & Economics
• IL&FS Transportation Network Limited
• Jharkhand Accelerated Road Development Programme (JARDP)
• JW Eco-Technology Ding Tai Co. Ltd
• A JW Eco-City by JW Breathing Ecological Road
• Nissan Middle East
•'Aqdar Drive Safety' Program
Technology, Equipment & Manufacturing
• Korea Expressway Corporation (KEC)
• Innovative Automatic Incident Detection System
Traffic Management and Intelligent Transportation Systems
• TRANSCOM, ConSysTec, and Infosenseglobal
Urban Planning & Mobility
• Dubai Roads & Transport Authority, and Parsons
• Dubai Water Canal
Detailed information on each of these projects is available in the 2017 GRAA Book of Winning Projects available from https://www.irf.global/graa/