This document provides more detail on what information we store about you and what we do with it.
Route One Publishing Ltd makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (2002/58/EC).
When you register with the eNewsletter, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Route One Publishing Ltd (for example your name, phone number, email address). We may also record which links you pursue as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
• Process your registration
• Provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service. By submitting your data you agree to this use
• We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent
• You undertake that all information that you provide is accurate and current.
Route One Publishing Ltd may use the information or parts of it to notify you about features and/or events or related activities that you may find useful, according to the answers that you have provided during registration.
Third party providers using the site may access traffic usage patterns but your personal use or information will not be identifiable. Why you have to register to receive the eNewsletter
The magazines and websites published by Route One Publishing are principally financed by the advertising and marketing services we provide to the road construction, road infrastructure and quarrying industries. We ask you to register for the eNewsletter so that
• We can provide our advertisers with a demographic overview of our readership so advertisers can support our products, confident that their messages are reaching the right people;
• We can help companies in our industry to contact you directly with special offers and messages appropriate to your business interests without disclosing your personal information;
• We can better understand our readers' editorial needs and tailor our products accordingly;
• We can assess your qualification for a discounted or free subscription to our print magazines World Highways, Aggregates Business Europe and ITS International;
• We can invite you to contribute to articles that match your experience.
This website use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the services on this website.
We analyze our server logs to assess how many visitors we are getting and where they are coming from. Information your computer provides to our server for the purposes of enabling you to access this site might also be available to us. We keep track of the websites and pages you visit within this website, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the website to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
We do not link any of this information to you personally, but may share aggregated data about visitors with other parties. This information includes which country visitors come from, which internet service providers they are using, which browser versions they are using, how long they spend on the site, and how many pages they view per visit.
This site uses Google Analytics to track user sessions, for more information please click here
. Who we share your data with
If you use the website to forward an article to a colleague or friend, your email address will be disclosed to the recipient.
From time to time Route One Publishing Ltd may share data with other reputable companies using carefully selected third-party mailing houses to send you special offers and product news both within and outside the European Union. These mailing houses will only use your data for the purposes that we have commissioned them for. This information may be sent by post, email or fax unless you opt out. The shared data will be destroyed after its use.
Some of these mailing houses may be based outside the EU. If you are based in the EU, by registering for our website, you consent to us exporting your data abroad.
If you do not want Route One Publishing Ltd to collect or process your personal data, please do not submit it.
Our website support team and website design agency may have access to our databases for the purposes of maintaining and improving the website.
We reserve the right to share your data with other parties as required by law.
Opting out of communications
You can opt out of:
• Receiving our regular eNewsletter containing news about the industry, industry events and updates to our website
• Receiving promotional messages and special offers.
If you have any questions that are not answered here, please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org