First publishedin World Highways
The International Road Federation
is pleased to invite you to participate in the IRF Seminar on Public/Private Partnership (PPP) and Road Safety to be held on 12th and 13th October in Cairo, Egypt.
The seminar will address major challenges facing the road industry today. Over two focused and specifically tailored days - one on Road Safety issues and the other on all aspects of Public/Private Partnership (PPP) - industry experts will cover topics ranging from earliest target setting and planning, construction, equipping and maintenance and the needs of the end users; to attracting new private sector involvement in road infrastructure investment, assessing risk management and analysis of the underlying financial mechanisms and economic advantages.
Key themes on the comprehensive agenda include: Public/Private Partnerships (PPP)
- How to attract private sector involvement in road infrastructure investment?
- The legal framework for PPPs in Egypt.
- Road Financing: How Sponsors, Administrations, Contractors and Lenders Are Sharing Risk.
Road Safety Audits - potential of road infrastructure for avoiding human error on the path to promoting sustainable road safety.
• Latest trends and technologies in LED-based traffic signalling.
• Traffic Calming Measures through PPP, from an Asian Perspective.
Experts present will be drawn from various Ministries, organisations, private companies and research institutions, including the World Bank
, the Egyptian Ministry of Finance, IDB, PIARC
, iRAP, gTKP, 3M
and GRSP to name a few. This range of high-level specialists will enable participants to benefit at first hand from the most authoritative expertise, cutting-edge knowledge and latest best practice.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Andreas Schliesser, World Bank, USA.
• Rik R. Nuyttens, 3M, Belgium.
• Aymen Osman, Islamic Development Bank
, Saudi Arabia.
• Michel Démarre, Colas
• H.E. Mattar Al Tayer, RTA, United Arab Emirates.
• Amitava Basu, ICT, India.
• Nermine Tahoun, PPP Central Unit, Ministry of Finance, Egypt.
• Artur Pesendorfer, Swarco, Austria.
How you will benefit from the IRF Cairo Seminar 2009:
• Learn more about Public and Private Policy and Road Safety.
• Be challenged by listening and participating.
• Be inspired by the ideas you hear and the people you meet.
• Be informed by good practice.
• Participate in lively debate and discussion.
• Develop different approaches in your own areas of expertise.
• Network with leading international road professionals and experts.