Vinci Highways takes over TollPlus

The French group picked up the remaining 70% of US-based tolling software provider TollPlus.
Highway & Network Management / April 8, 2022 1 minute Read
By David Arminas
TollPlus, based in Carrollton, Texas, started product development in 2008 which led to its Toll Road Back Office System - ToP-BOS (image courtesy Vinci Highways)

Vinci Highways has completed its acquisition of toll back-office systems specialist TollPlus.       
 
The French group, which had a 30% stake, bought the remaining 70% of TollPlus as a move into the fast-growing electronic toll collection market.

Vinci Highways, a subsidiary of Vinci Concessions, had held a 30% stake in TollPlus for the past six years and has been developing its free-flow tolling interests in the US – especially Texas and California states) as well as in Ireland and India.

Vinci Highways designs, finances, builds and operates motorways, bridges, tunnels, urban roads and mobility services along more than 4,000km in 16 countries. “With this acquisition, Vinci Highways benefits from one of the best back-office technologies on the market, and sustains its strategy of developing free-flow highways in the US, projects for which back-office software expertise is essential," said Belen Marcos, executive vice president of Vinci Concessions and president of Vinci Highways.

TollPlus, based in Carrollton, Texas, started product development in 2008 which led to its Toll Road Back Office System - ToP-BOS – which, according to the company, is a  comprehensive, scalable, secure and customisable enterprise technology for toll road management.

In early 2020, Vinci Highways won a seven-year tolling contract renewal in California worth around US$73 million. Last month, Vinci Highways started work on a contract to upgrade the B247 road between Mühlhausen and Bad Langensalza in Germany. The work forms part of a 30-year public-private partnership – PPP – project.

For more information on companies in this article