Bolivian road faces finance problem

A Bolivian road project is facing a financial problem.
Road Structures / April 7, 2022 20 seconds Read
By MJ Woof
A Bolivian road project is facing a major financial problem – image courtesy of © StargazeStudio,
Financing is a major problem for a new road project planned in Bolivia. The original plan was for the Bolivian Government to secure 80% of the funding for a new dual carriageway connecting Rio Seco and Desaguadero. The remaining 20% of the cost was to have been paid by La Paz District.

But the Bolivian Government now reveals it does not have the funds available for its share of the work. The project is expected to cost US$400 million to build. Local residents in the area have been carrying out protests wanting the road to be built as it will improve connectivity and lift economic activity. Where the funding will be sourced from now remains to be seen.